Lotusworks were hired by our client to provide Quality Assurance (QA) inspections and management during the construction phase of a 60 MW datacenter to ensure general contractor and trade partners conformity to construction drawings, specifications, and the client’s quality program requirements.
We provided a team consisting of a QA Manager, and Electrical & Mechanical Inspectors to deliver this service. We use a systematic, quality-oriented process to verify and document that the construction and installation of the mechanical and electrical equipment, systems, and assemblies meet the design intent and the owner’s operational requirements.
- Review project documentation as it pertains to quality in design, quality in construction, quality in testing/commissioning, and quality in turnover and training.
- Review Project L1-L5 checklists and associated uploaded QC documentation (i.e. NETA reports, startup
reports, torque reports, etc.
- Work closely with GC to ensure sub-contractor and vendor inspection and Test Plans (ITP) are being correctly planned, communicated, and executed
- Review sub-contractor and vendor test paperwork for accuracy and correctness.
- Attend the weekly GC Quality Meetings, schedule the site QA meetings, and attend daily Cx meetings as required.
- Develop a QA inspection schedule in alignment with the GC construction schedule
- Develop and maintain a quality non-conformances log for tracking of all non-conformances found and track the non-conformance through to its corrective action and subsequent inspection prior to energization and Level 3 commissioning.
- Ensure that the project-specific Factory Witness Test program is coordinated to leverage testing from other sites.
- Ensure that the GC schedules appropriate L2 inspections which include, First of Kind (FOK) mock-ups, Set in Place inspections, Pre-Energization Inspection, and Final Clean Inspections.
- Witness L2 inspections which include, First of Kind (FOK) mock-ups, Set in Place inspections, Pre-Energization Inspection, and Final Clean Inspections.
- Attend equipment energizations and vendor L3 startup activities.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured for future reference and quality management
- LotusWorks successfully managed and executed the QA program on the following systems:
Process Water Distribution (PCW) piping and systems
HVAC ductwork distribution systems
Server floor HVAC and controls
RTUs and AHUs
Fire Protection Water Storage Tanks
Fire Alarm Detection
Instrumentation & Building Automation and Controls
Transfer Switch (ATS) and Transfer Switchgear
- LotusWorks brought much needed experience to the team with seasoned QA personnel, resulting in a smoother commissioning process, reduction in punchlist items, and an on time delivery of the facility to our clients facilities operations team.