Sector/Industry: Medical Technology/Device
Project Duration: 2009 to Present
Solution:Complete Calibration Optimization Service
In 2009 this Fortune 500 Medical Technology firm recognized there was value to be gained in consolidating Calibration Optimization to one specialist company. The organization required calibration optimization expertise to drive operational excellence and to ensure product quality and compliance is maintained. There was a desire to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. This included calibration activity carried out in-house by their own staff, calibration activity carried out in-house by permanent sub-contractors and the calibration of instruments that were sent off site to third parties for calibration. LotusWorks were successful in winning the complete scope to become the sole provider of calibration to the client. To date the client is continuing to enjoy an improved calibration service across all three sites. A team of 21 LotusWorks’ technical experts manage and execute the complete calibration scope for this MedTech client.
- Providing specialist engineering contract staff, supporting functions such as validation, quality control, programming, etc.
- Delivering calibration optimization, temperature mapping, staff augmentation and consultation services
- Management of the calibration programme across all three sites including management of any 3rd party vendor specialized calibrations under the LotusWorks quality management system
- Robust supplier management including 3rd party audits
- Compliance of the quality procedures in line with various regulatory authorities
- Detailed monthly and quarterly reporting against agreed KPI’s
- Ongoing cost improvement by continuously reducing the number of tasks being carried out per annum in a controlled manner
- The client has peace of mind that product quality and compliance is maintained resulting is reduced waste and increased productivity due to the LotusWorks team continuing to drive operational excellence
- Our calibration optimization model implemented, has eliminated unnecessary calibration leading to financial benefit to our client
- Complete control of costs of calibration via a one supplier model- fast turnaround on critical instruments leads to increased equipment availability and minimizes facilities downtime
- Accurate reporting based on real-time data analysis enables proactive and reactive decision making, and accurate cost and task forecasting
- Our client gained comprehensive calibration expertise in a facility incorporating multiple equipment types as the LotusWorks team is skilled in the calibration of all equipment & products from different providers
The LotusWorks team on this client site have continued to own and manage all calibration work of the facility.