The Automation Technician will provide technical support to Utilities, Laboratories and Production Areas in the Automation and Control System Applications used in the manufacture of sterile injectable. With general supervision lead or troubleshoot PLC’s, batch applications, instrumentation, human machine interfaces, control systems, and process network applications used in utilities, laboratories, manufacturing and packaging equipment. Provide technical guidance and assistance to the troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of control systems including hardware and software.
- Lead and perform the tasks that require the efforts of more than one technician within the Automation team.
- Execute factory acceptances, software upgrades, backups, restore, disaster recovery and archiving procedures, as needed.
- Reads and interprets ladder logic programming, blueprints, schematics and specifications, and utilizes them to troubleshoot and determine causes of equipment malfunction.
- Maintains liaison with outside firms for out-of-plant equipment/system repair.
- Leads and reviews external contractor’s services in order to assure that services are provided as required.
- Communicates regularly with Automation Supervisor for work priorities, assignments, and findings.
- Assists the Automation and Control Systems, and Engineering & Maintenance areas in the development of specifications, selection, FAT, installation, commissioning and computerized system validation process of new utilities, laboratory and manufacturing equipment procurement, as well as to improve existing applications.
- Performs operation and design analysis of plant utilities, laboratories, and/or manufacturing equipment and systems to improve their operation. May provide technical advice to other, when necessary.
- Assists the Maintenance team with commissioning, calibration and adjustment of complex measurement instrumentation.
- Replaces, repairs, troubleshoots, or cleans automation systems.
- Modifies PLC, HMI, SCADA hardware and configures software in system to maintain interface between automation and operations as needed.
- Support reliability engineering for production and support equipment.
- Provide on the floor operational support as needed.
- Responsible for assuring various user levels have appropriate, documented training and authorization for access to engineering managed computer systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2 years of experience equivalent to a pharmaceutical control system application, instrumentation, or systems/equipment technician is required.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP/FDA.
- Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (e.g. preventative maintenance, work orders).
- Experience with PLC’s based systems, SCADA and network applications.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of instrumentation and control system to troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Able to understand and work with computerized maintenance management systems such as: spare parts, preventive maintenance, and work orders.
- Strong electrical controls troubleshooting experience.
- Technical knowledge of utilities equipment (i.e. HVAC equipment, AHU’s, VAV’s, boilers, chillers etc.) and production equipment (aseptic filling machine, autoclave, freeze dryers, packaging lines, etc.)
- Must have excellent blueprint and electrical, controls, schematic/ladder logic comprehension skills.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed in the Best workplaces 2018
Empowering talent we care about for over 29 years