We are currently looking to fill a full time BIM Coordinator. You will be implementing BIM technology to assist in the construction coordination process for our design team. This position requires strong technical problem-solving abilities, leadership skills, working with in a fast paced, multi discipline and innovative environment. In depth knowledge of Navisworks required.
- Coordinate and manage model families and initiate coordination efforts using Navisworks Manage
- Interface with field survey crews and provide building visualization input
- Ensure the construction geometry is error free and presented in an efficient manner for the crews
- Participate in BIM set-up, standards and coordination process on projects
- Provide day to day guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members to optimize Navisworks features and follow project modeling and coordination standards
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors, etc.
- Facilitate the exchange and coordination of the 3D model with consultants and contractor/fabricators
- Establish early standards for data exchange with entire Project Team to optimize use of the BIM for scheduling, quantity take-off, estimating, etc. during all stages of the project
- Maintain model libraries throughout the project and create archive as-built models at completion
- Run clash detection studies and generate reports to project team. Assign responsible parties' work flows and manage these tasks to successful completion
- Participate in the development of standard families and detail libraries for concrete, concrete formwork, construction equipment, etc.
- Work directly with Hoffman's IT Team regarding BIM process standards, technology support and training
- This position reports to and receives direction from Hoffman's BIM manager and the various project-level management teams
Expert level knowledge of Autodesk's Navisworks Manage and Revit required
Previous experience using Navisworks in the delivery of large, complex project required
4-7 years' experience in architectural, engineering or construction (AEC) industry
Proficiency with Revit and associated workflows required
Experience with Sketchup required,
Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) methods and digital fabrication recommended
Ability to communicate and present design and/or construction ideas to a variety of audiences
Ability to host and run field coordination meetings a requirement
Experience with construction scheduling and material procurement and logistics management recommended