The Field Coordinator is responsible for monitoring the construction of projects to ensure completion within approved budgets and schedules, regulatory, environmental, and health and safety requirements. The Field Coordinator ensures clear and effective communication and coordination between owners, field personnel, design team, maintenance and outside contractors.
- Study and understand drawings and specs, review and understand existing industrial / commercial system configurations, develop work schedule for installation of new industrial systems outside of ongoing operating hours, field oversight to multiple industrial systems contractors, quality assurance of work being put in place, oversee equipment and system testing and commission.
- Participate in Closeout Meeting between Architect/Engineer and Contractor.
- Develops and manages various aspects of contract documents including plans, submittals, change orders, as-built, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager to maintain business plans.
- Maintain and track all field related action items such as; minutes of contractor safety meetings, contractors' superintendent's daily reports, weather log, punch list activities and verify completion.
- Utilize software management tools to maintain all project documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in QC building envelope drawing review.
- Review and assist contractor with QA/QC manual to ensure compliance with general conditions of contract documents.
- Maintain coordination between all separate contractors onsite so work on those contracts may be carried out smoothly, without interference or delay.
- Maintain good relationships with owner/architect/engineer in the regular course of project construction (through communication, resolving project issues, information sharing, etc.).
- Maintain Observation Report logs, Daily Reports, and Progress Photos.
- Assist project team in reviewing contractor pay applications for percentage complete and material invoices for verification of fixed items vs. expendables.
- Attend Pre-Construction conference addressing site related issue/concerns to contractor.
- Coordinate punch list work so as not to interfere with usage of the building or project.
- Assist in review of A/E drawings & specifications for constructability, logistics, and quality issues.
- Assist A/E and project team in defining limits of project, pedestrian safety plan, way finding signage, and construction lay down sites.
- Assist project team in developing individual trade scopes of work.
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Preconstruction Manager(s) and SPM’s to make sure constructability review is produced and incorporated into the contract documents.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to establish construction milestones to be incorporated into the preconstruction schedule.
- Review Closeout Checklist with Project Manager for items needed from Contractor. Assist the project manager in the compilation of the close out documents as required by contract documents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with on site management in new construction and large renovation projects required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and document management tools such as scheduling software such as P6 or MS Project
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
Empowering talent we care about for over 30 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer