The Dock Coordinator is the focal point for all field activities on the assigned docks and elevators including tools and materials entering and leaving assigned buildings. This involves planning and coordination of tool move activities. Also included is daily interaction with project scheduling staff, tool procurement staff, shipping company dispatchers, FAT PM’s and CC’s, tool owners, OM’s and Base build PM’s and CC’s.
- Be a role model for an Injury & Incident Free Culture to tool move teams.
- Owns driving Tool Move-In Teams to an Injury & Incident Free Work Environment.
- Coach, mentor and enforce all personnel on dock on Intel EHS requirements, including shipping companies.
- Review safe behavior and correct unsafe practices with personnel on docks. Address with trades and shipping companies when necessary.
- Review Pre-Task Plans
- Maintain housekeeping. Will be responsible for eliminating unsafe environments (especially in and around the dock areas).
- Dock Coordination Meetings
- Attend weekly dock meeting.
- Review dock usage on a daily basis and coordinate work to be completed.
- Work with dock scheduler to review and resolve dock and move conflicts and issues.
- Drive dock moves to be completed to meet committed milestone dates and times.
- Daily Dock Plan
- Maintain detailed log of dock usage (e.g. manifest documentation, etc.).
- Maintain details of outstanding issues (e.g. crate or equipment damage, dock facilities repair needs, etc.).
Tool Move Coordination
- Work with Functional Area Teams (“FAT”), Tool Owners, Suppliers, CC’s and trades to ensure proper move of tools and materials at all docks.
- Ensure on time trade mobilization for all dock activities.
- Know when trades are scheduled to begin work, when each milestone is and what current status is for all trades.
- Coordination between tool install and base build dock usage.
- Review all upcoming dock usage, coordinate work to be completed, review and resolve dock and Move-In conflicts and issues with the Dock Scheduler.
- Spend adequate time in field to observe dock activities and moves (expectation of at least 75%-80% of working time on dock).
- Proactively find and resolve issues.
- Issue Resolution
- Take ownership of problems immediately.
- Work with members of the dock coordination team to ensure correct parties are involved and drive to resolution.
- Coordinate base build/tool install dock issues.