Electrical Commissioning Technician
LotusWorks is over 30 years supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in facilities commissioning, operations & maintenance, contract staffing and automation services.
Your Job Purpose
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer will be accountable for the commissioning of the following electrical systems:
Medium Voltage Switchgear, Substations, Emergency Power Systems, UPS systems, LV distribution, Emergency Lighting, Grounding System, Power Monitoring, and implementation of breaker settings per project site coordination study.
PLC’s , field instrumentation, and controls systems.
Life Safety systems such as fire alarm, sprinkler, horns and strobes.
- Generation of a workable commissioning schedule for multiple simultaneous electrical line-ups that adheres to the project critical path and milestones
- Review of specialist vendor testing procedures and integration the site power systems
- Reporting of quality and testing issues accurately and with clarity
- Coordination of testing activities testing activities and interaction with the site commissioning team
- Execution of electrical system walk-downs, installation verification of installation specification requirements, drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via field work reporting and punch list generation
- Preparation and field execution of start up checks, including responsibility for verifying that the start up documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation and integration of all electrical system components as part of a fully functional system per design
- Ensure electrical equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owner’s quality standards, compliant with design drawings, specifications and operates to the respective sequence of operation
- Attend daily construction meetings as deemed necessary.
- The successful candidate shall have time served electrical journeyman/foreman or diploma or degree in electrical engineering plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of National Electrical Codes, electrical specifications in mission critical facilities, NFPA70e, and OSHA guidelines surrounding safe construction practices
- Experience with commissioning the following equipment & systems:
- High, medium and low voltage power distribution
- Substations and Switchgear
- Bus Duct and grounding installations
- Power Monitoring Systems
- Emergency Power Systems
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient with mobile technology and associated commissioning software applications
- Must be able to work collaboratively with owners, architects, engineers and trade partners
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate manner
- Ability to work closely with trade and craft people in a fieldwork situation. Patience and professionalism are essential and being able to maintain a cooperative attitude through pressure situations
- Skilled in planning and coordinating several work activities at once with team members
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is renowned for engineering expertise in the construction of facilities in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Datacenter sectors.
For more information on this Electrical Commissioning Technician job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +1 703-379-4719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer