As an Electrical Commissioning Technician working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the semiconductor sector in a state-of-the-art high-tech manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for commissioning electrical distribution panels and transformers supporting cleanroom manufacturing.
- Execution of activities on electrical equipment and systems.
- Review of contractor testing procedures, reports, and testing activities for all project disciplines to all code and regulative testing and verification requirements.
- Electrical System walk-downs, installation verification to requirements of all drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via field work reporting and punch list generation.
- Preparation and field execution of startup checks, including responsibility for verifying that the startup documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation and integration of all individual electrical system components as part of a fully functional controlled system as per design intent.
- Review design drawings and specifications to ensure all equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owners project requirements.
- Attend daily construction meetings as deemed necessary.
- The successful candidate shall have time served electrical journeyman/foreman or diploma in electrical engineering plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent knowledge of National Electrical Codes, NFPA70e, and OSHA guidelines surrounding safe construction practices.
- Experience with the following equipment & systems.
- High, medium, and low voltage power distribution.
- Substations and Switchgear.
- Bus Duct and grounding installations.
- Power monitoring systems.
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: must be able to work closely with owners, architects, engineers and subs.
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate method.
- Experience with technical drawing reviews, development of test scripts, acceptance tests, understanding of NPFA and NEC codes.
- Ability to work closely with trade and craft people in a fieldwork situation. Patience and professionalism are essential and being able to maintain a cooperative attitude through pressure situations.
- Skilled in handling several work activities at once while frequently interrupted by phone calls and urgent questions on work in progress.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is renowned for engineering expertise in the construction of facilities in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Datacenter sectors.
For more information on this job or building your career with LotusWorks, email email@example.com.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.