LotusWorks is over 30 years supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, contract staffing, and automation services.
Your Job Purpose
The Electrical Commissioning Technician will be responsible for commissioning electrical equipment including distribution panels and transformers supporting cleanroom manufacturing in a high-tech manufacturing facility.
- Execution of commissioning activities on electrical equipment and systems.
Systems / Plant include:
- Panel boards, transformers, VFD’s, electrical circuits to mechanical and manufacturing equipment
- Review of contractor testing procedures, reports and testing activities for all project disciplines to all code and regulative testing and verification requirements
- Electrical System walk-downs, installation verification to requirements of all drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via field work reporting and punch list generation.
- Preparation and field execution of startup checks, including responsibility for verifying that the startup documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation and integration of all individual electrical system components as part of a fully functional controlled system as per design intent.
- Review design drawings and specifications to ensure all equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owners project requirements;
- Attend daily construction meetings as deemed necessary.
- The successful candidate will have time served electrical trades experience or Diploma in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledgeable with the NEC, electrical safety code, and NFPA 70E
- Previous experience in commissioning or operating and maintaining electrical equipment in large industrial applications with an emphasis on exhaust systems and air handlers
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Paid Time Off