LotusWorks has over 30 years’ experience supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in construction and facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, engineering.
Manage multiple electrical subcontractors performing extensive fast-tracked scope in Fab. Extensive experience on large industrial projects required, hi-tech preferred. Manage the technical electrical information required to deliver some of the most exciting projects in the industry. Lead our electrical quality control efforts onsite. From document review during preconstruction to commissioning and punch list.
- Manage Electrical team from start to finish.
- Interpretation of construction documents, controls sequences and technical manuals.
- Run startup meetings involving Area Construction Managers, Design Team members, multiple subcontractors, local utility agencies and owners to coordinate/drive MEP system start up activities. Interface between Area Construction Managers and multiple subcontractors to assist in coordinating Mechanical/Electrical startups.
- Verify all documentation is complete and equipment being readied for startup is construction complete and can be safely started.
- Ability to coordinate electrical systems with architectural and structural elements within the overall project design.
- Organize and facilitate training of Owner's personnel in the operations and maintenance of Electrical systems
- Review and process project submittal information and coordinate between multiple submittals to insure the accuracy and functionality of each component of the various MEP systems
- Writing and publishing meeting minutes, schedule graphs and activity checklists
- Receiving and distributing requests for information and change documents issued by other offices Organization, completion and filing of record documents
- Information storage and retrieval using computer and other handheld electronic hardware
- Technical advisor at onsite field construction office
- Must be able to access all areas and levels of construction site for work progress review
- Work schedule must be flexible to allow extended periods of overtime or off-shift work to accommodate changing construction sequences
- Clear communication skills in speech, handwriting and computer formatting required for responding to information requests
- Help estimate electrical budget for projects
- Secure electrical subcontractor and equipment buyout
- Manage electrical subcontractor contracts and contract modifications
- Oversee billing and schedule of values formation
- Education background in materials and methods of construction. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Must be familiar with medium and low voltage distribution, large generators, UPS equipment, and electrical installations on large mechanical and process equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: must be able to work closely with owners, architects, engineers and subs
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate method.
- Familiar with CSI specification system for electrical scopes of work.
- Ability to work closely with trade and craft people in a field work situation. Patience and professionalism are essential and being able to maintain a cooperative attitude through pressure situations.
- Skill in handling several work activities at once while frequently interrupted by phone calls and urgent questions on work in progress.
- Training in design document reading, design specifications, survey theory and techniques.
- Highly developed visual observation and interpretation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) and Bluebeam. Experience with critical path method scheduling software such as Suretrack Project Manager and Primavera Project Planner (P6) experience.
- Experience with Project Management Software such as Procor, Prolog or E-Builder. Experience with Autocad and Navisworks.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
Empowering talent we care about for over 30 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer