Actively update and refine the Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Tool Install Discipline. Be responsible for the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project. Ensure that company safety policies and Site Specific Plans are proactively communicated and consistently enforced where needed on each project.
- Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution required for the construction of high tech manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
- Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission critical reliability.
- Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and building codes.
- Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Load calculation – 480V, 5Kv and 15 KV level
- Three-phase feeder sizing for switchgear, switchboard, panelboards, motors (up to 250hp)
- Ability to check/review one-line diagrams and make corrections, as the load being added
- Competency in laying out electrical equipment on the plan and coordinate with mechanical, architectural and structural discipline
- Ability to route major (3”to 6”) conduits through the facility in coordination with space management
- Ability to size up large (up to 36” wide) cable trays for 15KV and 480V
- B.S., Electrical Engineering. 7+ years of experience. P.E. license by examination preferred but not required and previous, semiconductor, government, and data center/mission critical facility or manufacturing project experience is required.
- 5-10 years experience in semiconductor tool-install.
- Excellent CAD skills
- Excellent technical, organizational, and problem solving skills