Your Job Purpose
As an Electrical Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Semiconductor sector. This job is based in a high-tech manufacturing facility in Chandler, AZ.
As an Electrical Engineer your job entails:
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for participating in capital projects and the operational programs to maintain critical facility infrastructure systems. These include generators, switchgear, auto-transfer switches, transformers, main electrical distribution boards, UPS Plants, electrical busways, power distribution units, mechanicals such as CRAHs, Chillers, Pumps for precision cooling, fire detection and suppression, and facility management systems.
This position must handle and respond to urgent events when they occur; instructs third-party service providers in remediation efforts. Establishes work rules and service goals for critical facility management with assurance of the proper commissioning and optimal functioning of critical systems including electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety, etc.
Your Job Responsibilities:
As an Electrical Engineer your job responsibilities will include:
- Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution required for the construction of high -tech manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
- Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission critical reliability.
- Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and building codes.
- Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Load calculation – 480V, 5Kv and 15 KV level
- Three-phase feeder sizing for switchgear, switchboard, panelboards, motors (up to 250hp)
- Ability to check/review one-line diagrams and make corrections, as the load being added
- Competency in laying out electrical equipment on the plan and coordinate with mechanical, architectural and structural discipline
- Ability to route major (3”to 6”) conduits through the facility in coordination with space management
- Ability to size up large (up to 36” wide) cable trays for 15KV and 480V
- S., Electrical Engineering. 7+ years of experience. semiconductor, government, and data center/mission critical facility or manufacturing project experience is preferred.
- CAD skills
- Excellent technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is renowned for engineering expertise in the construction of facilities in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Datacenter sectors.
For more information on this Electrical Engineering job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on+1 703-479-4719or email email@example.com
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer