LotusWorks is over 30 years supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, contract staffing, and automation services.
· The HV Electrician will be responsible for the supporting operation and maintenance of the local site power generation, high-voltage electrical distribution system including: operation of substation protective relay systems, troubleshooting outages and faults, preparing feeder switching orders and planning preventive maintenance.
· Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical systems pertaining to MV transformers and associated switchgear through to the LV main circuit breakers.
· Take corrective action in response to abnormal events or system failures
· 1st responder to alarm conditions related to electrical equipment and systems including escalation where appropriate
· Maintains the electrical distribution system to provide a reliable source of electricity to the campus.
· Maintains electrical systems from 35kV to 4160V and to the 480V main breakers.
· Coordinates electrical shutdowns and switching as required
· Coordinates LO/TO of systems and equipment as needed to perform maintenance activities
· Reporting of issues and effective communication to operations management
· Troubleshooting of power metering & monitoring instrumentation utilizing HMI historical trends and event data
· Knowledgeable with the NEC, electrical safety code, and NFPA 70E
· Possesses a State of Connecticut, L-1 Electrical Lines Contractor License or equivalent
· The successful candidate will have time served electrical trades with a minimum of 5 years experience in High Voltage distribution and power generation
· Ability to read and understand technical manuals and engineering documentation
· Previous experience in operating and maintaining power generation turbines and electrical distribution systems
· An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS Office and BMS applications