LotusWorks is over 30 years supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, contract staffing, and automation services.
Your Job Purpose
The I&C Commissioning Technician verifies and documents that the facilities, systems and assemblies meet designed specifications, objectives, and criteria. They ensure the I&C and mechanical systems are installed correctly and meet their design intent, are fully functional, and can be operated and maintained as designed.
- Execution commissioning activities on I&C and Mechanical equipment and systems.
Systems / Plant include:
- PLC’s, Process Instrumentation, Boilers, Chillers, Process Cooling Systems, Compressed Air, HVAC & Exhaust systems.
- Coordinates the LO/TO of equipment during startup and ensures work is performed in a safe manner consistent with work practices and quality standards
- Development of individual I&C system specific commissioning and start up procedures in line with design intent, construction-specific drawings, submittals, specifications, sequence of operations and process & system integration
- Review of contractor testing procedures, reports and testing activities for all project disciplines to all code and regulative testing and verification requirements
- I&C and Mechanical System walk-downs, installation verification to requirements of all drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via field work reporting and punch list generation.
- Preparation and field execution of start up checks, including responsibility for verifying that the start up documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation and integration of all individual I&C and mechanical system components as part of a fully functional controlled system as per design intent.
- Review design drawings and specifications to ensure all equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owners project requirements;
- The successful candidate will have time served as a I&C Technician or degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Previous experience in commissioning or operating and maintaining I&C and mechanical equipment & systems in large industrial applications with an emphasis on building controls and automation.
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office and BMS applications
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance