LotusWorks is over 30 years supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America
& Europe. We are specialists in facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, contract staffing, and automation services.
Your Job Purpose
The Mechanical Commissioning Technician will be responsible for commissioning HVAC and exhaust systems supporting cleanroom manufacturing in a high tech manufacturing facility
- Execution commissioning activities on mechanical equipment and systems.
- Systems / Plant include:
- Exhaust systems, including general exhaust and scrubbed exhaust, air handlers, roof top units air compressors, fans and motors.
- Coordinates the LO/TO of equipment during startup and ensures work is performed in a safe manner consistent with work practices and quality standards
- Development of individual mechanical system specific commissioning and start up procedures in line with design intent, construction-specific drawings, submittals, specifications, sequence of operations and process & system integration
- Review of contractor testing procedures, reports and testing activities for all project disciplines to all code and regulative testing and verification requirements
- Mechanical System walk-downs, installation verification to requirements of all drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via field work reporting and punch list generation.
- Preparation and field execution of start up checks, including responsibility for verifying that the start up documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation and integration of all individual mechanical system components as part of a fully functional controlled system as per design intent.
- Review design drawings and specifications to ensure all equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owners project requirements;
- Attend daily construction meetings as deemed necessary.
- The successful candidate will have time served mechanical trades experience or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Previous experience in commissioning or operating and maintaining mechanical equipment & systems in large industrial applications with an emphasis on exhaust systems and air handlers
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office and BMS applications
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision Cover
· Paid Time Off
· Parental leave
· Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
· Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
· Employee discounts
· Life/AD&D Insurance
Empowering talent we care about for over 30 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer