Night Shift Superintendent
LotusWorks has over 30 years’ experience supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in North America & Europe. We are specialists in construction and facilities operations & maintenance, commissioning, engineering.
Your Job Purpose
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, primarily supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time / within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant project managers and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
- Understand construction and startup systems and sequences and review designs for constructability. Systems include Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
- Troubleshoot walk down and resolve MEP system issues that arise from the field.
- Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion.
- Work with procurement team to create biddable work packages and verify contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates.
- Develop communicate and improve upon plans for logistics and other project plans.
- Interface with engineering team, construction team, contracts, and commissioning team.
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects.
- Enforce and maintain high quality standards for engineering drawings and for field installations by contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or construction management or related field experience.
- Preferred at least 3 years of experience design review/input for constructability, building, and starting up control systems for large industrial construction projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductors or equivalent high-tech facilities.
- Understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, and Piping systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to:
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Installation methods/details
- Wiring & Loop Diagrams
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is renowned for engineering expertise in the construction of facilities in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Datacenter sectors.
For more information on this Night Shift Superintendent job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +1 703-379-4719 or email email@example.com
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer