The Reliability Engineer is responsible the implementation of activities described below to maximize the maintenance related uptime and operating efficiencies of equipment and facility assets. These activities help minimize costs and contribute to the profitability and performance of the business.
- Responsible for establishing guidelines and specifications for properly implementing equipment Preventive Maintenance activities.
- Performs reliability analysis to identify root cause of ongoing issue, develops, changes, and initiates maintenance activities such as PM, CBM, lubrication, calibration, training, and spare parts or identifies design modification projects to improve performance and equipment availability.
- Develops and implements equipment reliability plans that reduce the number of failures and minimizes the effects of failures that do occur. Typical "reliability plans" include run to failure, FMEA and RCM analysis, Root Cause Analysis, calendar and run time based preventive maintenance, and condition based monitoring approaches (vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, ultrasonic analysis, and inspection routines).
- Responsible for updating the criticality ranking of the assets under their care, typically using results from Bad Actor reporting and analysis, PM / Calibration Optimization and Rationalization activities, and FMEA / RCM approaches.
- Provide reliability maintenance input to Project Engineering Design and equipment selection through the application of Life Cycle Costing. Reliability Engineers provide expertise in running LCC models for equipment selections.
- Provide input to capital project design with respect to equipment selection and specifications that create project approaches which minimize life cycle costs.
- Develop procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects of existing and new equipment.
- Provide input and oversight to equipment standards.
- Ensure all company and Site Engineering policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all work carried out and equipment installed is safe, effective and in compliance with the appropriate industry standards.
- Ensure all work undertaken is reflected accurately in Work Order documentation and/or up to date Engineering / project information files.
- Be the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - EAMS expert in a cGMP environment.
- Adhere to all company and Site Engineering policies and procedures.
- Review and approve work carried out to systems and equipment by OEM suppliers, alliance partners, service and construction type contractors.
- Work closely with the manufacturing organization to ensure that the status of all plant equipment and systems are communicated and understood at all times.
- Implement all planned maintenance activities in accordance with cGMP and excellence in engineering practices.
- When necessary review all Maintenance Task Lists, SOP’s and other relevant documentation to instigate the necessary changes post review.
- Deliver training in line with site training procedures, when required.
- Review equipment spares holding levels and make changes post review.
- Overall equipment improvement effectiveness
- Analysis and trending of downtime issues
- Facilitating analysis of latest technologies for equipment
- Establish reliability engineering reviews to continuously review the performance and operation of equipment
- Provide support to maintenance teams in resolving equipment performance issues
- Analyze Preventative Maintenance routines and ensure appropriateness and value.
- Bachelors of Science (in an Engineering discipline – Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- Experience with maintenance Best Practices (TPM, Reliability Centered Maintenance, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience in reliability engineering role.
- Proven specific experience with reliability improvement of manufacturing equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and basic PC operation.
- Knowledge or experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance/ Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
Empowering talent we care about for over 30 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer